Volunteer firefighters are an essential part of the emergency response system, providing vital support to their communities.
Serving as a volunteer firefighter allows you to make a positive impact, gain valuable skills and experience, and work with a team of dedicated professionals.
It is a physically demanding but rewarding role that offers the opportunity to serve your community and help others in need.
Applicants must be in good physical shape and undergo strenuous physical activity and train in stressful environments.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Reside within the Township of Lakewood or one of its Contiguous Municipalities and reside within 10 miles of a Lakewood Volunteer Firehouse.
- U.S Citizen or Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Possess a Valid New Jersey Drivers License
- Ability to pass a Background Check and Physical Exam.
- Ability to Attend 280+ Hours of Fire Academy Training within the First Year of Joining and Ability to Attend Calls, Drills and Meetings throughout the Year.
We understand that your time is valuable, and we work to accommodate your schedule as much as possible.
Ready to make a meaningful impact and join our team? Contact us today to learn more about becoming a volunteer firefighter. Together, we can make our community safer and stronger.