The Lakewood Board of Fire Commissioners along with Fire Chief Jonathan Yahr is excited to announce its upcoming Volunteer Recruitment and Open House Campaign, aimed at inviting community members to join their ranks. The event will take place on Sunday, July 30th, 2023, from 3pm to 6pm at the Firehouse located at 1350 Lanes Mill Road offering an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in serving their community and making a difference.
With a rich tradition of excellence in firefighting and emergency response, the Lakewood Fire Department is dedicated to safeguarding the lives and properties of Lakewood residents. The Volunteer Recruitment and Open House Campaign seeks to bolster the department’s ranks with passionate and committed individuals who share their commitment to public safety.
During the event, attendees will have the chance to:
- Meet the dedicated firefighters and emergency personnel who proudly serve the Lakewood community.
- Learn about the critical roles and responsibilities of a firefighter and the various departments within the Lakewood Fire Department.
- Participate in engaging demonstrations showcasing the department’s advanced equipment and life-saving techniques.
- Gain insights into the rigorous training programs and educational opportunities available to volunteers.
- Explore the rewarding experience of serving as a volunteer firefighter and making a positive impact in the community.
The Lakewood Fire Department encourages interested individuals to attend the Open House and discover the rewarding aspects of becoming a volunteer firefighter. No prior experience is necessary. Firefighting requires courage, dedication, and a willingness to learn new skills and face new challenges. As a probationary Firefighter, you will receive fire academy as well as ongoing training, equipment, uniforms, and a pager at no personal expense.
The personal rewards and satisfaction of becoming a firefighter are often beyond description. Whether battling fires, mitigating many and varied emergency situations or teaching fire safety to others, the sense of accomplishment and fulfillment is enormous.
Individuals interested in becoming volunteer firefighters are encouraged to visit the Fire District Website at www.lakewoodfd.org and submit the requested information expressing their interest through the “Join the Lakewood Fire Department” link.
For more detailed information about the Volunteer Recruitment and Open House Campaign, please refer to the attached flier.